Call us now: +86 371 5512-9198
Improve the Gloss of Coated Paper from Raw Materials & Ingredients
Effect of Raw Materials & Ingredients on the Gloss of Coated Paper
- Coating Base Ppaer. The higher the smoothness, the smaller the difference between the two sides, the higher the gloss of coated paper. Smooth paper surface is helpful for uniform distribution of paint and flat calendering. It will not appear irregularity phenomenon.
- Porcelain Clay. Porcelain clay has higher gloss than calcium carbonate coated paper. According to its particle shape, porcelain clay can be divided into sheet, tube and hexahedral shape. Among them, sheet porcelain clay coated paper with high gloss, followed by tubular porcelain clay coated paper.
- Rubber Latex. Synthetic rubber latex often use carboxylic butadiene-styrene latex (SBS) and styrene-acrylic latex (PC). It is proved that PC coated paper has better gloss than SBS coated paper. The same as the PC emulsion, if the ones with high hardness, the gloss of the paper after coating is better.
- The better fluidity of the finished paint, the better of the pseudoplasticity is and the higher gloss of the coated paper. The paint with good pseudoplastic properties is easy to be compressed into a flat surface during calendering and it is helpful to calendering.
- The water-repellent materials such as porcelain clay and rubber latex have also improved the coating gloss.
Leizhan also produce a set of pulping equipment and screen equipment for paper making. Welcome to contact us if you have interests in our products. Email: email@example.com